Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I Actually like Crows Feet

For years I have been saying “I actually like crows feet.” I always felt that they added character and joy to a woman’s face. That is, until the other night.... There I was, getting ready for a bar mitzvah. I got dressed, did my hair and makeup, and then took a quick look in the mirror before doing a double take: for the first time, I saw a woman looking back at me. I quickly ran back into the bathroom, took out my cover up and dabbed a little more around my eyes. When that did not seem to do the trick I took several giant steps back, took another look, and then ran off.
I have always been told “you look so young”. But the other night, I realized I simply look like most of us who are almost 40 years old: aged!

Since the Joan Rivers look is not for me and I hope not for you, here is a basic “anti-aging” plan:

1. Continue to wear sunscreen, get facials, eat well and exercise
2. moisturize
3. Drink more water
4. Sleep more, maybe with a cucumber eye patch (cucumbers reduce puffiness)
5. Keep my make up simple: we have a tendency to pile on the cover up and make up to hide the various lines. Unfortunately the more you wear, the older you look.

Now don't get me wrong: I am not embarrassed or ashamed of my age and I am looking forward to growing older with my loving husband. But I would just like to do it without too many wrinkles and crinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment