Tuesday, July 14, 2009

SUNSATIONAL

It is that time of year again, when a little notice comes in the mail to remind me that my car needs a checkup. So I book an appointment for early in the morning, in hopes that my car will be returned to me by noon. I jump out of bed at 6:50am throw on some clothing, hop into the car and get it to the garage. Fortunately, the garage is only a 10 minute walk from my home, so instead of taking a taxi back, I opt for walking home.

The time is now 7:15 am and I am strolling through the streets of Raanana and enjoying the relative quiet on the roads. I begin to rub my arms and feel a burning feeling. Wondering what it could be, I look down and see nothing - not a bee, mosquito nor any bug in site. It is hard to believe but it is true, the burning feeling I am having at 7:15 in the morning is coming directly from the sun. Yes, while many of you have not even begun your day, I am already being fried. The sun is so hot and strong that I feel no amount of SPF will block the shining rays.

So it made me wonder:
How should we dress to protect ourselves from the sun and yet not feel too hot?

- Wear loose-fitting clothes that will allow perspiration (a whole other topic) to evaporate freely- muumuu like
- Cover as much of your body as possible
- Colors: the light colors reflect heat away from the body and keep you cool, but darker colors protect you better from UV rays: find a balance
- Wear a hat, one that provides shade to your face (preferably with a 2-3 inch brim)
- Make sure your sunglasses have UV protection
- Always wear sun cream


Yes, you may need to compromise a little on fashion for the next few weeks, but do not worry. With many companies starting fashion friendly /sun smart lines of clothes, it won’t be long before you will be looking SUNsational.

1 comment:

  1. It would help to practice your best man speech a few days before halter wedding dresses the wedding. They should happen preferably in front of a number of wedding dresses friends and family that you can ask opinions from. wedding dresses If your funny best man speeches pass their general scrutiny, wedding dresses you can now proceed to telling your speech in front of the larger audience at lace wedding dresses

    ReplyDelete